Download a Brochure Today
In this Graduate Certificate students will focus explicitly on culture, values and dispositions in order to affect change within organisations in regards to best cyber security practice. As no two organisations are the same, each will require unique, multi-faceted and creative solutions reached through careful planning of self and others.
The Graduate Certificate in Data and Cyber Management is targeted at leaders who are looking to equip themselves with the knowledge and skills needed to address the importance of effective cyber management in any organisation. This Graduate Certificate will give an opportunity to explore contemporary and global data security strategies, become familiar with the legal and political spectrum of Data security and provide the tools to affect a positive organisation-wide Data security culture.
This is not a technical qualification, instead this course is designed to provide the leader with sufficient knowledge of the different programming languages, systems and infrastructures combined with both local and globally recognised strategies to successfully liaise with various technical experts and stakeholders to make informed management decisions. This course will clearly identify the various data risks, and the responsibilities of, every organisation with an online presence.
This course is developed in partnership with industry experts and modern thought leaders who, together with our Global Leaders Faculty (GLF), provide genuine insights from over 250 of the world’s greatest individuals, from prime ministers, Nobel Prize winners, entrepreneurs, scientists, academics and CEO’s. Information is delivered fully online over each trimester through a bespoke learning management system supplemented by various rich media and modern case studies.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Understand, communicate and apply advanced theoretical knowledge in their fields of data security, leadership and people management to real world contexts;
- Justify and interpret theoretical propositions and related bodies of knowledge to critically evaluate the resolution of business problems and recommend actions relevant to contemporary business settings;
- Critically apply cross-disciplinary knowledge in decision making with creativity for innovation and data security contexts;
- Demonstrate an understanding of global business challenges and key management strategies to positively influence a data mindset;
- Work as a reflective leader and data practitioner to formulate, implement and evaluate industry-specific investigations to resolve complex professional problems and inform decision-making;
- Communicate effectively to specialist and non-specialist audiences including multi-disciplinary teams, diverse cultural communities and business and other professional organisations, and
- Exemplify initiative and inspirational leadership in a dynamic 21st century work environment, acting consistently, ethically and socially responsible.
Adaptable and capable 21st century citizens who can communicate effectively, work collaboratively, think critically and solve complex problems.
- Identifying, anticipating and solving problems ranging from simple to important, complex and unpredictable problems;
- Accessing, evaluating and analysing information;
- Effective communication using known and yet to be developed tools in many contexts, and
- Using effective interpersonal skills, collaborate with and influence their personal work, and community networks locally and globally.