Professor Stephen Parker is a legal academic and a university administrator. As Vice-Chancellor and President of the University of Canberra, he led the institution into the QS World University Rankings for the first time – one of his key aims when he joined the university in 2007.
Parker has previously brought his acumen in strategic planning, quality assurance and management reforms to bear at Monash University in Melbourne.
As a legal academic, Parker has lectured at University College Cardiff, the Australian National University, Griffith University and, as Dean of Law, Monash University.
His years of lobbying and negotiation with the ACT Government have led to the building of the University of Canberra Public Hospital, a new facility expected to be ready to accept its first patients in 2018.
Professor Stephen Parker AO
Vice-Chancellor and President, University of Canberra
- Officer of the Order of Australia (2013)
- Fellow, Australian Academy of Law (2012)
- Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President, Monash University (2003-2007)
- Dean of Law, Monash University (1999-2003)
- Founder, Australia and New Zealand School of Government (2002)
Unit: Build & Sustain an Innovative Work Environment
Topic: Provide Learning Opportunities